Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Great Escape

Saturday, Kachina decided to play Wild Mustang with Donna and busted out of the paddock, running right down the middle of a long, winding road, that people frequently speed on. Donna said she chased her, calling to her, but Kachina just kept on thundering down the blacktop, cars zipping past her. Luckily Kachina turned into the park and, with the help of a stranger, Donna was able to corner her and get the halter on and bring her home.

Donna told me about it Sunday, so of course Kachina was out of danger, but I was still so scared and relieved and thankful. Kachina's lucky she didn't get hit by a car. Someone was looking out for her that day.

Sunday she and I played tag and hide-and-seek around the paddock. It was very cute watching her try to find me and then, once she did, throwing her head up and racing off. She'd run, spin, half-rear, buck, and herd me -- everything but try to kick me.

Kachina's really growing fast now. I'll try to get some pictures up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment