Friday, March 20, 2009

OT: Hero Dog

I promise that this blog will get back to Kachina soon! But, I saw this over at Christa's blog and I had to post it.



This is the reason why I work with dogs -- and animals in general -- and couldn't imagine doing anything else. No matter how much time I spend with them, or how many books I read and videos I watch, or how many lectures I attend, I'm constantly amazed by the things animals do.

Meanwhile, the other night I saw a show called What Would You Do? for the first time, and I was horrified and depressed at how many people wouldn't speak up or act out against what they knew was wrong.

In some cultures it's believed that, if you commit horrible acts and live an awful life as a human, you will be reincarnated as a dog. I'm more inclined to believe the opposite is true.

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing video. It wasn't faked in any way? I have a rescued horse and dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it was faked. At least, all of the canine behavior looks very real to me, and I've seen a lot of it.

    Do you? What kind of horse and dog? What are their stories?

    All of my horses are rescued, and three of my five dogs (the other two are my grandmother's). And I co-own another rescued dog. They're all so uniquely special.

    ReplyDelete