Thursday, March 12, 2009

Guest Starring: Maverick!

Yesterday we moved Maverick from the stable in Richmond to the stable near Kachina!

He trailered nicely, of course, but I did freak out a little when the trailer and the car I was in seperated -- I realized that I had never trailered him without being right there in the truck, so it was a little heartbreaking. I was honestly worried that he'd think I had sold him (how silly is that?).

P and I got the the new stable first, so I was able to greet him as soon as he unloaded and take him to a stall myself. Right now he's in the barn, but I'm hoping to get him moved into an open stall ontop of the hill, where it won't be so stuffy and he'll have a view.

He was a little nervous moving (and Maverick is so calm, that by "nervous" I mean he was not asleep), but he's been boarded at the former stable since he was two, way before I bought him. He kept eating the sawdust, something he's never done before. I'm hoping he's just "tasting" his new environment, and that it'll pass in a few days.

At the last stable, everyone rode Western. Here, the manager, Kelli and I are the only Western riders, so I feel a little out of my element. It doesn't seem as relaxed as my old stable, which is both a good thing and a bad.

It is a nicer stable, however, and Maverick will be well taken care of. Plus, Kelli will get to take her lessons on him and play with him whenever she wants, which will make us all happy.

Kelli's going to check on him this morning, so I don't worry all day (because I will).

I'm thinking of starting a blog for Maverick, if only to keep him off of Kachina's. Besides, the Favorite Son deserves a blog of his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment