Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Heat Wave

It's been a busy couple of days, and the sudden heat wave has made things harder. I've been trying to do more with Kachina in regards to training, before the rains pick up again, but we've both slowed down a little.

The Cat and I took Kachina for a hike Sunday, and I barely made it up the steep hills. Granted, I was pretty dehydrated, but I think Winter has made both Kachina and I soft (she was sweating and tired too). She did, however, take to leaving Fancy a lot better than she has in the past, so that was a lesson in and of itself.

She's turning into a horse so quickly, it's unbelievable. Her body has finally caught up with her hips so her butt no longer looks super high. Her jaws are also getting more Quarter Horse-y and her chest is squaring out, although she still has her tiny baby mouth and chin. She is, however, developing a hay belly. I've heard that it's typical for young horses, because their bodies are still growing, but I think she looks fat. With the nice weather will come more exercise!

I'll take my camera out tomorrow and snap some good photos of her. I'd like to compare them to the picture I was sent when I first bought her (the one in the blog profile). In the meantime, you get one of my favorite pictures of my little painted pony!

No comments:

Post a Comment