Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More on Miss Patch Pilot

This morning I called the woman who runs the sanctuary where Miss Patch Pilot, Kachina's mother, now resides. The name of the rescue is Happy Horse Haven; if you scroll down, you'll see Miss Patch Pilot (now named "Cremello") and read a little of her story.

The woman was extremely nice, and said that Cremello is happy and healthy, running free on over 120 acres. She offered to send pictures, so as soon as I get them I will post them here.

There may be a chance that she can help with registering Kachina. Regardless of that, it's great to hear that Kachina's dam is alive and doing so well.

Kachina also has an 8-month-old buckskin brother! I hope his life ends up wonderful, and he never has to experience the horror that almost claimed Kachina and their dam.

2 comments:

  1. wow, thats so awesome! that would be so cool if you could meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Too bad they're so far away (I think they're in Texas, if I read correctly).

    It's amazing that these horses traveled so far from North Dakota -- some to California, some to Texas, some who-knows-where.

    ReplyDelete