Friday, January 23, 2009

Desensitizing

My time with Kachina was a little rushed today, and most of it was spent picking up manure in the rain. But her blanket did come in the mail today, and I had the chance to try it on.

She was completely tolorant of me running the bright red blanket over her head and back, and rubbing it along her body, although she was obviously nervous; she pooped when I tossed it over her head, but she stayed perfectly still and kept her eye on me. She even stood still while I adjusted it to fit her. When I let her go to see if she'd kick out at the straps or buck, she just wandered back to her feeder and started eating. Donna told me that she has yet to find anything about Kachina she doesn't like, and I have to agree -- she's pretty perfect so far.

The rain made the lighting so bad that it wasn't even worth pulling out my little camera, I promise I'll get a picture up of her wearing her blanket. The huge logo on the side kinda makes her look like a NASCAR entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment