Friday, January 23, 2009

Rainy Day

Yesterday was the first rainy day we've had since I got Kachina. And, of course, her blanket hasn't arrived yet, so when I came out to see her she was damp and dirty from the dusty gravel, which meant I spent the entire visit grooming her. Fancy, was being a bit of a hovering "mother", so I groomed her as well.

I worked with Kachina on letting me touch her ears. I got to the point where I could rub a finger along each ear without her flinching away, so we left it at that. I don't think it's going to take very long at all for her to accept having her ears handled.

Tony and Donna's place is amazing in the rain. Everything is so green, and the redwoods look extremely red. I tried to take pictures, but my camera couldn't do the colors justice.

When I left, Kachina and Fancy were standing under the shelter, pressed against each other, keeping one another warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment