Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birthday Party

Yesterday we threw Kachina an improvised birthday party, complete with a grab bag of birthday goodies that she got to open.


She, of course found the apple first, and made quick work of it (and the apple-flavored receipt that I forgot was in the bag -- oops!).


Then we passed out carrots to Kachina and Fancy. Even Odin joined in the celebration!


The biggest hit were the Oat & Honey bars (Maverick loves these too)!


Finally, I had bought Kachina a Jolly Ball because she loves to paw and mouth at things. But Odin decided that it must be for him, and very happily carried it off.


Ah well, I'll find Kachina a more horse-appropriate gift. Any suggestions?

Despite the gray weather, it was a lot of fun to make a celebration out of Kachina's birthday. P took some great pictures too. I'll post them as soon as I get copies. Here's to many more happy, healthy birthdays together, Kachina!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun. Love the shots of Odin with the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a lot of fun. Mostly for Kachina, I think, but that's the point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that Kachina opened her own present! I guess mine would too, with apples inside!
    I am going to buy a jolly ball soon for my Paint Fritzy, she gets very bored in the pasture and will pick up her grain bucket, throw it around, she also pulls out the heater that is in the water trough. We did get a treat ball that we hang in the barn and both my horses will play with this for hours! We have to buy a new one about every 4 weeks. It takes them awhile to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! The treat ball is a good idea! I'll have to look for one of those.

    Donna tells me that she's caught her playing with the jolly ball, when Odin gives her the chance. She's also caught him running around with it, with her chasing him.

    ReplyDelete