Thursday, June 4, 2009

Maverick and I

One good thing about Kachina going off to the trainer is that it frees me up to spend more time with Maverick. I haven't ridden him for some time, and I was really starting to miss the mule.

The late afternoon was beautiful up by his stable, so I took him for a little stroll out on the trail and let him graze for a while. It was great just hanging out with him, letting him be a horse, while I tagged along for the ride.

Sometimes it's nice to just hang out and not ask too much of your horse. I miss doing it with Kachina. Can't wait to see her this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time with Maverick! I love those kind of days.
    Only a couple days until you get to see Kachina! Can't wait to see how she is doing.

    ReplyDelete