Thursday, June 11, 2009

Serpentine Prairie

I've been having a rough time lately so, to combat this, I've been trying to hang out with my friends a lot more - both two-legged and four. With Kachina being with my trainer in La Grange, I have a lot more time spend with Maverick, and we've just recently discovered what is quickly becoming my favorite spot (so far) in the hills: the Serpentine Prairie.

It's this great, winding trail uphill, with the backdrop of beautiful green forest. In some places, you can look at it and not see any sign of buildings, streets or man made structures, which is rare here in the city. Also, riding bareback up those hills (some of which are pretty steep) is great practice for your balance!

It was very relaxing, spending the day with Maverick again, exploring and letting him graze while P took pictures (mostly pictures of flowers):



Did I ever mention that P's obsessed with taking pictures of flowers? Especially yellow flowers. Not that I blame him, this yellow flower was really beautiful, although I have no idea what it is. Maverick seemed to enjoy it, however!

Further up the hill, we reached this plateau of golden fields. It was beautiful, blowing in the wind, overlooking the hills. Of course, Maverick didn't appreciate any of the scenery; he just wanted to snack.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry things are hard - glad you got to spend some good times with Maverick - what a beautiful, peaceful spot - thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having a rough time lately. It will get better. :-)

    Your friend P takes beautiful photos! That last photo is really stunning! I can see why that is your favorite spot to ride...it looks so peaceful. I wouldn't want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! It does look like a nice place to ride. Hope things start looking up for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pictures of you and Maverick! Looks like a beautiful place to ride!

    ReplyDelete