Monday, February 23, 2009

Sorta Like An Oscar

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Kachina's first award! Given to us by the awesome Horseypants (if you aren't already reading her blog, you should!). Right on time for the Academy Awards too.

When I first started this blog, it was to log my experiences with Kachina. I never thought anyone would find it interesting enough to read, much less comment on. I've been pleasantly surprised and, as a bonus, I've discovered some amazing blogs with unbelievable stories, and people who love their horses as much as I love mine.

That being said, I'd like to pass this award on to a few others who have left me encouraging comments, and whose stories inspire me to continue posting about my little pony:

Alpaca Love, who was my first follower and left me my first comment (I was floored and delighted to know that someone I didn't force was reading my blog!).

Bandit's Blog, a story I can definitely relate to, an adorable horse, a sweet person and some amazing photographs.

Saving Argus, a truly amazing and inspiring blog about a beautiful horse that was rescued from the worst conditions imaginable. I spent the better part of a weekend avidly catching up on Argus' story, and it continues to amaze and inspire me.

Argo's Journey, a great blog about a gorgeous rescued mustang! Another one I couldn't stop reading.

Gentling A Mustang, something I've always wanted to do. What an awesome pair, and a very informative and interesting blog!

Pony Girl Rides Again, I love this blog! Very funny and cute. Plus great photos!

Whoa Horse Art, a great blog updated by talented equine artists!

ANAPOELAND, because she'll think it's super cheesy that I gave her an award. Too bad! You get to be number eight!

Thanks again, everyone who's reading! I promise more updates are coming.


Oh, and for those who are interested, Maverick passed the assessment Saturday! I'm so excited that Kelli will be using him to continue her riding lessons. I know it's kinda cheesy, but I'm really proud that my guy is helping a friend learn and grow and experience something new that she loves (and it gives me someone other than grungy old cowboys to ride and talk horses with). And the really good news is that we'll be moving him to a nicer stable, right down the street from Kachina! I'll get to see them both more often now.

That also means Maverick will be making more guests appearances in Kachina's blog. Keep an eye out for him!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! And the birthday wishes! You are too sweet!
    That is cute that Maverick is making guest appearances on Kachina's blog. I hope he is negotiating a good salary, LOL! :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete