Thursday, February 26, 2009

Visitors

I went to watch my friend Kelli's riding lesson at the stable where Maverick will soon be staying, right up the street from Kachina. It gave me the chance to look around the stable and see where everything was, and get a sense for the environment. It's really nice so far, although I'm still a little put off by the fact that I have to wear a helmet (I'll be the first to admit that it's a good idea, but I've never worn one; I wasn't raised that way). But it'll probably be good for me to get used to the idea of them.

I'm going to aim to move Maverick next weekend, but may have to put it off until the weekend after. I'll have to talk to my grandfather and see if he can move him for me and, if not, we'll have the stable manager for the new place do it. It's all very exciting.

I need to get a helmet soon. Bleh. I've only seen one that I like, and that's a whopping $125. Plus Maverick might need a set of EasyBoots, since the trails in the hills are a little more rocky than he's used to. And he needs his teeth floated. He's lucky he's worth it.

After her lesson, Kelli came to visit Kachina. Kachina politely left her food to be a good little hostess and let us pet and fawn over her. Only when we were done did she return to her dinner. She's such a sweet little horse.

She's lost a lot of her hay belly, and she's gotten a little taller. I'm going to have to post some Before and After shots up here soon, after I get her all cleaned up. She likes to sleep in the mud, so her whole bottom half is now black!

I sent another copy of her paperwork off to The Son yesterday. The woman at the post office said that it should reach him by Saturday or Monday. This time I'm having him send it back to my job, instead of my house; with so many people living together, it's easy for mail to get misplaced. Hopefully it makes the full journey this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment